- Bypass navigation bar
- Organisation Structure
- Womens Welfare Development
- Child Welfare
- Supplementary Nutrition Programme
- Disability Sector
- Social Defence
- The Right to Information
- Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
Prevention of Trafficking of Women and Children 0364-2225266
|East Khasi Hills :||0364-2224409|
|West Khasi Hills :||953654/22280|
|Ri bhoi :||953638/232551|
|East Garo Hills :||953658/220351|
|South Garo Hills :||953639/222360|
|Jaintia Hills :||953652/220805|
1. State Scheme
- General Grants in Aid for NGOs for the welfare of Children/ Women/ Disability/ Aged and Combating of Drugs
- Award of Scholarships to Disabled Students
- Renewal form for scholarships to Disabled Students
- Award to Meritorious Disabled Students.
- Application form for Book Grant/ Uniform Grant/ Convergence allowance/ and unemployment allowance
- Renewal Application form for Book Grant/ Uniform Grant/ Convergence allowance/ and unemployment allowance
- Application form for vocational training for disabled.
- Application form for Computer Programming for destitute women
- Application form for Medical Treatment for the Disabled and aged
- Application form for vocational training for self-employment for destitute orphans/widow and deserted marginalized women.
For details contact:
Office of the Director of Social Welfare, 3rd Floor Bawri Mansion, Dhanketi Shillong –793001, Telephone # : 0364-2225187(O)
Office of the District Social Welfare Officer’s, Shillong/Tura/Jowai/Nongstoin/Ri Bhoi/ Williamnagar and Baghmara. Office of the Superintendent Training Centre, Self Employment for Women Shillong/ Tura/ and Jowai.
2. Central Schemes (Government of India)
A. Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Grants in aid for NGOs for the Welfare of Schedule Tribes
- Grants in aid under the scheme of Vocational Training Centres in Tribal Areas.
For details contact:
Office of the District Social Welfare Officer’s, Shillong/Tura/Jowai/Nongstoin/Ri Bhoi/Williamnagar and Baghmara.
Office of Director of Social Welfare, 3rd Floor Bawri Mansion,Dhankheti, Shillong – 793001
Telephone #: 0364 – 2225187 (O)
Fax No.: 0364 – 225187
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India, Shastri Bhavan New Delhi – 110001
B. Ministry of Women and Child Development
- Grants-in-aid to voluntary organisations from National Children’s Fund for implementing programmes in the field of Child Welfare.
- Scheme of Swadhar.
- Short Stay Home for Women and Girls.
- Central scheme of Organisational Assistance to major Voluntary Social Welfare Organisations.
- Application for Loan from R.M.K. (Rashtriya Mahila Kosh)
- Grants-in-aid under Central Scheme for Construction/ Expansion of Hostel building for Working Women’s Hostel with a Day-Care-Centre.
- Support to Training and Self Employment Programme for Women (STEP).
- Scheme of Prevention and Control of Juvenile Social Maladjustment.
- Scheme for Welfare of Children in need of Care and Protection.
- Scheme of Assistance to Home (Shishu Greh).
- Grant-in-aid under the scheme for the welfare of Street Children.
- Application forms for assistance under NORAD and STEP Scheme.
- Application form for the formulation of a Research Proposal.
For details Contact:
Ministry of Women and Child Development,
Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi.:
Office of the Director of Social Welfare, 3rd Floor Bawri Mansion, Dhankheti, Shillong – 793001,
Telephone No.: 0364 – 2225187 (O)
Fax No.:( 0364) – 225187
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com website: www.meghalaya.nic.in
Office of the District Social Welfare Officer’s, Shillong/ Tura/Jowai/ Nongstoin/ Ri Bhoi/Williamnagar/ and Baghmara.
C. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
- Scheme for Prevention of Alcoholism and Substance (Drugs) Abuse.
- Deen Dayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme.
- Welfare of Person with Cerebral Palsy and Mental Retardation.
- Rehabilitation of Leprosy affected persons.
- Grant-in-aid to voluntary organisation for other backward classes.
- Welfare programme to the Aged.
- Grant-in-aid to voluntary organisation working for the welfare of Scheduled Caste.
For details Contact:
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Red Cross Bhawan, Sector – 12, Faridabad – 121007
Fax No.: 0129-5284371.