- Bypass navigation bar
- Organisation Structure
- Womens Welfare Development
- Child Welfare
- Supplementary Nutrition Programme
- Disability Sector
- Social Defence
- The Right to Information
- Commissioner for Persons with Disabilities
- Frontline ICDS Functionaries
- Location of Anganwadi centres
- ICDS Training
- Balika Samriddhi Yojana
- Statutory Support Services of ICPS
- Services of the ICPS
- Functions of Delivery Structures of ICPS
- ICPS and Child Tracking System
- Directory of Officers inder ICPS
Prevention of Trafficking of Women and Children 0364-2225266
|East Khasi Hills :||0364-2224409|
|West Khasi Hills :||953654/22280|
|Ri Bhoi :||953638/232551|
|East Garo Hills :||953658/220351|
|South Garo Hills :||953639/222360|
|Jaintia Hills :||953652/220805|
Constituted as an Independent Directorate in 1974. Deals with Human Resource Index and Development. Falls under three Ministry of Government of India – Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Ministry of Women and Child Development :
- Integrated Child Development Services
- Juvenile Justice Act
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment :
- Disability Sector
- Social Defence
- Aged and Infirm
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Financial Assistance to NGOs working for the upliftment of Scheduled Tribes.
The thrust area of the Department are diverse ranging from Child Development to Women’s Status in the family and society, nutrition, disability, juvenile delinquents, issue of violence against women and children, old aged and infirm, and networking with NGOs and Government allied Departments
- Areas of operation covers in all the seven (7) districts and 39 ICDS Projects at the respective Community and Development Blocks and two Urban areas Shillong & Tura.
- Directorate of Social Welfare
- 1 Joint Directorate Headquarter Tura
- 7 District Social Welfare Officers (DSWOs)
- 5 District Programme Officers ICDS (DPOs)
- 3 Superintendent Training Centre for Self Employment for Women (TSEW)
- 41 Child Development Project Officers (CDPOs)
- 3 Observation Homes
- 1 Shelter Home
- 1 MLTC
- 2 AWTCs
- Department of Social Welfare Government of Meghalaya invites applications for the year 2014-15 for the following schemes:-
1. Grant-in-aid to Non-Governmental Organisations dealing with Women Welfare, Child Welfare, Persons with Disabilities, Aged and any other Welfare Services including Anti-drug programme from recognized Organisations/ Institutions/ Associations with 5 years experience in field for consideration of grant-in-aid.
2. Grant-in-aid to Non-Governmental Organisations which are dealing with Domestic Violence cases and registered under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 as service providers for consideration of Grant-in-aid.
3. Rehabilitation Treatment for Persons with Disabilities outside the State.
4. Medical Treatment for the Aged.
5. Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (students) residing permanently in Meghalaya and studying in recognized school/ institutions within the State.
6. Persons with Disabilities (students) who are permanent residents of Meghalaya and whose parents are below poverty line group for giving financial assistance for the following:
i) Book grant up to graduate level.
ii) Uniform grant up to Class – X
iii) Conveyance allowance to students.
iv) Unemployment allowance for SSLC or other Examination and above.
7. State Award to Meritorious Persons with Disabilities (student).
Application forms and other details are available from the office of the District Social Welfare Officer of the District concerned. Completed applications forms are to be submitted on or before 9th May, 2014 in the respective office or the District Social Welfare Officer.
Application received after the stipulated date will be summarily rejected.
- Applications are invited from recognized/ registered voluntary organization for giving financial assistance under Government of India scheme associated in the following activities:-